Friday, November 13, 2015

When Desperation Breeds Innovation - MomStyle

As a mom and freelancer (hence Scribble Mama), I all too often run up on deadline and am not even close to done with the project. That is largely because I have no self-discipline and I am a dedicated procrastinator - and partly because I have two gremlins at home all day demanding attention and four wreaking havoc in the evening hours.

Today was another one of those days. With one project done and the other hopeless anyway, I thought I would take a moment to share my creative burst this morning when I should have been writing.

Milly Meltdown is in a superhero phase. As in, she thinks she is one. She regularly requests having a blanket (her baby blanket that she still has. cue the awwws) tied around her neck so she can go zooming around the house saving people and animals from the ever-present bad guys.

The other day, I saw a link. And no, I was not on Pinterest. However, it was a Pinterest-worthy idea and I am sure it has been shared there many times already. That link came to mind this morning when Milly Meltdown made her first request to have the blanket tied, and I knew it would be followed by 10 more, all while I am attempting to form coherent sentences and craft a piece worthy of making money (not much, but still it's money).

Enter, the T-Shirt Cape:



I am now "the best mom ever" that she is going to "cuddle with every day." There was a lot of super zooming through the house, enough to get one project done. 
I even completed two more capes, because obviously this will become a very coveted item once the other gremlins burst through the door at 3:30 p.m. I even have ambitious plans for a cape for Bitty Bear, although there is no concrete benefit from that endeavor. We shall see if I complete that plan or not. 

If you want to do one too, head to Pinterest. It took me longer to try to find the website that inspired me than it did to make the three capes. Note, mine are no sew, no velcro. Hint: Use a t-shirt and keep the neck of the t-shirt intact. 


No comments:

Post a Comment