Tuesday, November 24, 2015

... and then there were 4

A Walk Along Memory Lane

I was blessed to become part of Thing 1's life when she was one. She turned me into a mom, dropped me in the deep end and I've been there ever since. I love her even though we struggle. And we struggle because she is my mini me from looks to attitude - and everything in between. She is enough of her father to keep us both guessing - and she is 100% her own person at the same time.


Thing 2 is a spitfire. From the time he could babble, he commanded attention and amazed everyone around him. He makes a new friend wherever we go - whether they want to be friendly or not. He can tell you everything you never needed to know about a million topics and their videos on YouTube. He has a temper and a stubborn streak a mile wide. He also has a huge heart and really loves his family.

Milly Meltdown was our tie-breaker. She is a happy little soul that can turn angry or sad in a split second. She wears her heart on her sleeve and forgives as easily as she gets angry. We are very lucky to have this little being as the third part of our quartet of growing littles. The family dynamic would not be the same without her, and I can't imagine life without seeing it through her eyes whenever I need a pick-me-up. 


Here we are now.

Bitty Bear was the exact opposite of his older siblings. As a baby, none of the tried and true methods worked to calm him - with the exception of the Gummy Bear Song (Thank you, Youtube). He is unique and strong-willed, yet has a heart-stopping smile for those who least expect it. He has been figuring out how things work since before he could walk, and he is biding his time until he can blow us away with the way he thinks and experiences life.

Four amazing little beings, filled with personality, sarcasm and hints of both of us, mixed with whatever it is that determines their own personal perspective.

 I adore these little faces and I am so honored to be mom.

Some days, I can only hope they love me half as much as I love them.

When they grow up, I hope they understand the bad days and appreciate the good ones so much more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment